Sunday 2 February 2014

YELLOW - THE NEW TREND COLOUR

GIVE ME SOME COLOUR PLEASE

Checking the weather forecast became quite a habit in my daily routine as a blogger. And taking photos on a grey and miserable day is not easy. Glad I chose some colour that day! The sun came out for a couple of minutes and we had to be very quick as there was a nasty windchill and taking off my jacket was a bit of a challenge.

I recently got this faux leather stretch skirt from H&M's Plus Size section. It is far too big - you should see photos from behind ;-) and now it's already in the professional hands of my seamstress. But I liked the skirt and I am happy with the length. In general I wish dresses and skirts would have a more decent length rather then ending half way of my thighs. Always a problem with so many brand as I prefer a length slightly above my knees (I am only 5'4).

This is my first subtle attempt wearing yellow this season. A warm hue and come summer and a tan, I might be braver and opt for a brighter yellow!



EINMAL FARBE BITTE

Den Wetterbericht und die Vorhersage für die nächsten Tage zu verfolgen, gehört für uns Blogger zum Alltag. Manchmal ist es einfach zu wolkenverhangen und kein Lichtblick ist am Himmel zu sehen. Heraus kam ein blitzschnelles shooting während die Sonne für 5 Minuten hinter den tiefhängenden Wolken rausspitzte... und schnell waren wir wirklich, da dazu ein unangenehmer, eiskalter Wind wehte!

Den schwarzen Kunstlederrock mit Stretcheinsätzen habe ich mir kürzlich bei H&M "Große Größen" bestellt, er ist mir zwar deutlich zu groß (wie gut, dass es keine Aufnahmen von hinten gibt!), aber meine Schneiderin ist schon dabei, ihn zu ändern. Warum ich öfter mal eine Nummer größer bestelle, ist die Länge. Das ist oft mein Problem, denn ich trage keine Röcke und Kleider mehr, die auf Oberschenkelhöhe enden (bei nur 1,63).

Meine maisgelbe Bluse ist der erste Versuch, diese Saison Gelb zu tragen. Der warme Ton ist für diese Jahrezeit passend, im Sommer mit etwas Bräune kann ich mir durchaus auch ein kräftigeres oder kühleres Gelb vorstellen.


Photos by Jasmin

Chiffon Blouse H&M | more yellow by River Island, Lafayette and SheInside
Faux Leather Skirt H&M | love these by Topshop and Oasis, real leather by Topshop
Blazerjacket H&M {old} | similar style by Nine West via Macy's {sale} and Anne Klein
Leather Boots Deichmann | options by Nine West {sale} and Zalando
Leather Bag {old} | similar style by Mango and Dorothy Perkins
Jewellery {various old} | that style by Mango {sale}, amika and Accessorize


SHARE:
© Lady of Style. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig