Wednesday 29 January 2014

BLUE VELVET DRESS



Blue Velvet

When I ordered this dress with its devoré effect and sequins, the colour appeared to be a lot lighter on the photo but actually now I don't mind the intense turquoise. And since it was on a major sale, it was a no-brainer keeping it. And finally I had a piece to pair with my snake clutch - I can't deny I am a matchy-matchy person!

You know I love dresses and use every opportunity to wear them. Since we had a very mild winter so far (this was the last shooting without any snow though), I didn't want to wear boots but my new suede pumps. Usually I prefer black opaque tights but this dress requires nude ones which is a new look for me!

BTW, I have never watched "Blue Velvet", don't think that's my type of movie.


Blue Velvet

Im Online Shop sah die Farbe dieses Samtkleides wesentlich heller aus, aber jetzt bin ich mehr als zufrieden über das intensive Türkis! Die Ausbrenneroptik und die Paillettensäume finde ich besonders schön - und fast noch besser - es war unglaublich reduziert. Und außerdem habe ich jetzt endlich ein passendes Teil für meine Schlangenprint Clutch, denn ich liebe Ton-in-Ton Looks.

Meine Leserinnen wissen, dass Kleider meine Lieblingsstücke sind und ich jede Gelegenheit nutze, sie zu tragen. Da der Winter hier zum Glück bisher ja sehr mild war (vorerst das letzte shooting komplett ohne Schnee), wollte ich auch keine Stiefel, sondern meine neuen Wildlederpumps dazu tragen. Wenn erforderlich, trage ich am liebsten schwarze, blickdichte Strümpfe, aber zu diesem Kleid passen nur hautfarbene - ein Novum für mich!

Übrigens habe ich "Blue Velvet" nie gesehen, denke, das ist nicht so mein Genre.


Photos by Jasmin

Dress Snake Milano {grey only}| similar hues by Asos, via Zappos and Zalando
Pumps Di Lauro| gorgeous options via Nordstrom and Forever 21
Coat Zara {not current} | similar via Zalando and Macy's
Clutch Mango {old} | options by New Look and ebags


SHARE:
© Lady of Style. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig