Sunday 25 May 2014

REVIVAL OF THE DENIM SKIRT

REVIVAL OF THE DENIM SKIRT

Last week I had an appointment with my physiotherapist who is not only an excellent practitioner but also a very nice woman whom I immediately connected with. Naturally we are also chatting when I see her. She is a very attractive lady, a couple of years older than I am and was looking for a casual chic skirt for quite a while. A decent length was important to her - something I can relate to. During my next appointment I showed her my new denim skirt which Damart sent me (my white linen trousers here are by Damart as well). It came around 3'' longer but since I am only 5'4'' my seamstress shortened it for me to a hemline around my knees which I prefer for skirts and dresses.

OFFICE STYLING

Denim skirts have a bit of a 90ies vibe but luckily made a revival. I love the dark wash and stretch denim makes it really easy to wear. Paired with a soft pink blouse (similar here or option with sleeves here) and a navy blue blazer I can even wear it at the office.



JEANSRÖCKE SIND ZURÜCK

Letzte Woche unterhielt ich mich mit meiner Physiotherapeutin über Rocklängen. Sie, eine sehr attraktive Frau, ein paar Jahre älter als ich, war schon seit einiger Zeit auf der Suche nach einem sportlichen, schicken Rock, der aber nicht zu kurz sein sollte - ich kenne dieses Problem! Bei meinem nächsten Termin habe ich ihr gleich meinen neuen Jeansrock gezeigt, den mir Damart geschickt hat (meine weiße Leinenhose, die ich Euch hier vorgestellt habe, ist auch von Damart). Im Original ist er 7 cm länger - bei meiner Größe von nur 1,63 habe ich ihn auf etwa Knielänge kürzen lassen, denn so trage ich Röcke und Kleider am liebsten.

STYLING FÜR'S BÜRO

Jeansröcke haben ja ein 90er Flair, sind aber nie ganz verschwunden und machen jetzt wieder ein Revival. Wie auch bei Hosen trage ich eigentlich nur klassische, dunkle Waschungen, somit ist dieser Rock ideal für mich und der Stretchanteil macht ihn unheimlich bequem. Mit meiner zartrosa Bluse (Alternative hier und wunderschön und elegant aus Satin hier) kann ich ihn auch gut im Büro tragen - dort hatte ich ihn mit einem dunkelblauen Blazer kombiniert.

Photos by Jasmin

Jasmin is still very busy with her final exams (Abitur) and therefore I am most grateful for her taking the time for our photoshootings. Danke und weiterhin viel Erfolg, liebe Jasi!!


Denim SkirtDamart c/o currently on SALE for only £16.00
Linen BlouseGAP | very similar by Old Navy or Sisley
BlazerSteinhoff | navy blue by Damart 
BagDavid Jones | options by Clarks and Coccinelle
Platform SandalsTamaris |similar style by XTI and UGG
NecklaceH&M (similar) | pretty by Accessorize and Jeweliq


SHOP MY LOOK




The denim skirt has been provided for an unconditional review by

http://www.damart.co.uk/




SHARE:
© Lady of Style. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig